Why We Love Barcelona. Founded as a Roman colony in the 1st century BC, Barcelona has housed several influential cultures, civilizations, and movements over the past two millennia, the remains of which can still be observed within the modern city.
Combining its historical past with perpetually beautiful weather, world-class white sand beaches, and eclectic architecture that spans centuries of evolving styles, it is no wonder that Barcelona has become one of the most visited cities in the world.
Whether you are looking to explore the local Catalan culture, tour dozens of historical and artistic landmarks, lounge on a world-class Mediterranean beach, or sample some of Spain’s most delicious culinary offerings, Barcelona offers an experience for everybody.
- The Gothic Quarter – Explore the historic heart and Gothic architecture of Barcelona’s medieval old town.
- El Raval – Sample Spanish and Catalan culinary offerings at several local restaurants and tapas bars.
- El Poblenou – Enjoy vibrant nightclubs and modern attractions in Barcelona’s ‘New Village.’
- Barceloneta – Explore Barcelona’s waterfront, seafood scene, and 18th-century neighborhood.
- La Vila Olimpica – Visit Barcelona’s Olympic Village and a beautiful beach restored for the 1992 Summer Olympics.